Sunday, April 24, 2016

Five for Sunday?


I know I know...late to the party...per usual.  This weekend was B. U. S. Y.  And last night, I was just too worn out.  But now it's Sunday afternoon, my babies are sleeping, I'm watching friends and enjoying a coffee...life is good y'all.   I'm using this time to catch up on some things including filling you in on my past week!  :)


I have to say, I'm seriously in love with paint nights!  I did my second one Friday night with friends for work and it was so much fun!  I'm NOT an artist by any means but it's so therapeutic for me!  My kindergarten team has talked about doing one together and I'm so excited!  





This past week was VERY interesting in terms of visitors to my classroom.  I had both a frog and toad visit my room as Show and Tell finds.  They would both very well behaved visitors however...both died shortly after going back home.  I think my room is cursed.  



Since this past week was kindergarten testing week, so I did my best to make it fun!  We did an author study of Eric Carle and did an activity with each book we read - so fun!


We started with A House for Hermit Crab.  We didn't have a physical activity for this book but we had a great conversation.  We compared hermit crab growing up, making friends, and not being scared to move into a new shell - to how we have grown in kindergarten, made new friends and are now not as scared to go to first grade!  


After we read Little Cloud, we painted with fluffy paint!  Just mix foam shaving cream with white glue then paint away!  We then wrote what our clouds looked liked.  My kiddos were so creative!!!  Plus they had fun!






I love reading Walter the Baker to my students!  It's not as well known as some of the other Eric Carle books so it's fun to share that experience with my students!  We read the story of how Walter made the first pretzel - then we made homemade pretzels!  I have not perfected the pretzel twist but they still tasted DELICIOUS!  My kiddos enjoyed them too!




The best day had to be when we read Pancakes, Pancakes!  I then made homemade pancakes for my students - not from a box!  My kids were IMPRESSED!  Some comments I heard...

"Ms. Bohnert, you make better pancakes then my mom."

"You are the best cooker ever!"

"You should cook for the president!"

"You should be on chopped!"

I.  LOVE.  MY.  CLASS.




The last book we read was The Grouchy Ladybug!  I don't have a picture of our project because honestly it's not done!  We are working on making ladybugs and writing what makes us grouchy - some of their answers are so cute and I can't wait to share!


Since it's Sunday and I'm posting late...I figured I would give you a peek into what's coming up this week!  My BeachBody team is hosting a FREE Clean Eating Group this week and I'm super excited for the theme - Grilling and a 6 Pack!  We will be providing tips and recipes for GRILLING delicious and clean meals as well as workouts to get those ABS in shape!  If you would like to join, simply email me!  rachealbohnert@gmail.com.  I kindly ask that you aren't already working with a Beach Body coach!  :)





Also coming up this week is our last kindergarten field trip.  We are taking the kiddos to the local university where we will get to tour the football stadium, watch and jazz ensemble, enjoying a picnic and play at the rec center.  I am so excited to be able to play with my kids all day!!!  If only Ryan was helping chaperone.....


That's my Five for Friday Sunday!  Have a great week y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment