Saturday, February 13, 2016

Five for Friday - Saturday Style


I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching on this cold Saturday afternoon for a little Five for Friday action.  It's been a while since I've done a Five for Friday post but life has been a little busy!



Have you ever blinked and all of a sudden your children are suddenly bigger than they were before?  That's exactly what has happened this week!  It all began Sunday night with my Madi losing her first tooth.  She has waited months for this day and it finally arrived!  She was such a champ when I pulled it out and she couldn't wait to see what the tooth fairy would leave her!  (Just a $1, though I hear other tooth fairies may give out more money, ours is frugal.)


Then, later this week, my Lila learned to write the letter L!  She loves drawing circles and telling us who each one is.  She calls it her 'homework'.  I showed her how to write an L one night 'big line down, little line across' and she did it!  Three times!  This momma was so proud!!!


Seeing how fast my girls are growing up and learning, makes me just want to slow time down.  I know I can't so we are just going to enjoy what time we have.  Friday night we spent time with my family.  The girls each made mini pizzas and we enjoyed a heart shaped pizza to celebrate Valentine's Day.  I love making these memories with my girls.  :)



Don't mind the messy hair...it's tough work making pizza...and that's usually how we roll!




This week also marked a new chapter for myself.  In the past month I have been working hard to stick to my exercise routine and eat cleaner.  Not only have I lost weight, feel a million times better and have more patience and less stress - I have discovered some new yummy foods that I LOVE!  This is my current favorite snack or breakfast.  A cup of plain Greek yogurt, a heaping spoonful of pumpkin puree, a drizzle of honey, dash of cinnamon and a few pecans  DELICIOUS!  It's like a healthy pumpkin pie I can eat for breakfast.  #winwin


Since I have had success (both scale and non-scale) with the changes I have made, I have decided that I want to help others do the same!!!  It must be the teacher in me....LOL.  I took a leap of faith and signed up to be a Beach Body coach this week.  I cannot wait to get started!  I am looking forward to being able to support others on their health and fitness journey just like my coach did for me!  




I looked at the calendar this week and realized that February was half over...say what?!  That means I really need to hunker down and begin working on my presentation for the Conference on the Young Years in the beginning of March.  This conference is at the Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri and targets Early Childhood teachers and childcare providers.  I presented last year and had a WONDERFUL time.  I am looking forward to going back again.  This years topic is how to make learning literacy skills fun, engaging and hands on.  I'm also going to hit on the topic of student goals and easy ways to track and reward students.  If you were going, what kinds of things would you want to see or learn about?  Comment and let me know!



My goal had been to post some super cute pictures from our class Valentine party this week.  However, we ended up having a snow day on the day our Valentine party was scheduled.  We will be having it instead on Tuesday.  Pictures to come!  In the meantime, check out the adorable bags we made this year!  Our local grocery store donated large brown paper bags for each student and I made the template for our love owls.  Aren't they adorable!!!


Whooooo has the sweetest class?  I do!  :)


It doesn't look like the cold, snowy weather is finished with us yet.  Here is our radar for Sunday evening....start saying some prayers y'all....


♥ Have a great weekend and a Happy Valentine's Day!!! ♥



1 comment:

  1. Oh boy! I can't imagine having this much snow. I live near the coast of SC and we haven't seen anything except a few flakes that didn't stick one time this year. My 2 1/2 year old is dying to see some snow though! The owl bags are adorable!!
    Joni
    http://kinderkidsfun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete