Saturday, March 7, 2015

Seuss, Space and St. Patty's

Ahhhhh.  That my friends is the sounds of my teacher soul being a little refreshed.  I just got back from attending the Conference on the Young Years - an annual Missouri early childhood conference that takes place at the beautiful Lake of the Ozarks.  What a wonderful way to recharge with like minded people!  I didn't get many any pictures (blogger fail) but I can assure it was WONDERFUL!


One of the highlights of the conference was the opportunity to see the FABULOUS Dr. Jean!  She is SUCH an inspiration to Early Childhood educators everywhere.  I have been a fan for years!  So may fun songs and activities that are FREE!  Check out her website by clicking below!


I also did a little presentation of my own.  EEEEK!  I was nervous y'all.  Like - a couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, couldn't speak nervous! In the end, I feel like my session went well!  Of course afterward, I felt like there were a million things I forgot to share (funny how that happens...) but we had fun!  I presented on how to incorporate hands on and fun literacy activities in the classroom to teach letters, sounds, and sight words.  If you want a copy of my presentation just click on the link below!  I hope you find some fun ideas to use to help your students!


I did get a chance to finish up my plans for this coming week and I am excited!  We only had school two days last week because of the dreaded s word (SNOW!), so we are wrapping our Seuss unit, throwing in some space activities and some St. Patrick's fun for good measure.  It's going to be a BUSY week but I am super excited to work with my Kinder babies and use some of the ideas I used from the conference!


To download my plans, just click on the pictures below.  Once downloaded, you can click on the pictures to access the product I am using!




I am taking a much needed MOMMY break this week and NOT doing a shared reading set.  We are having a week of review before the end of third quarter so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to use a fun poem from Deedee at Mrs. Will's Kindergarten.  This poem is called "Luck of the Irish" and it's part of her March poetry stations.  I just love her poems!  Fun and kid friendly!  She included a weekly lesson plan along with several activities to extend the poem all week.  Can't wait to use it!  


Since we are finishing up our Seuss unit and reading one of my favorites Fox in Socks, I thought I would create these fun socks to help my kiddos practice rhyming words.  We will work to pair up the rhyming socks and then hang them on a clothesline in our room - great fine motor work!!!  You can grab this FREEBIE by clicking on the picture below!



To wrap up our space unit we will be making these UH-DORABLE solar system hats from The Primary Theme Park.  Check them out on her page by clicking the picture below!


I have some fun ideas in the works that I hope to share with y'all soon!  Until then, I hope you have a FABULOUS week teacher friends!

XOXO,

Racheal

1 comment:

  1. Racheal,

    What a great presentation! Hope all is well! :)

    Tara West

    ReplyDelete