Sunday, March 15, 2015

Peek at My Week - Mission: Be PRODUCTIVE

It could not a more beautiful Sunday here in small town Missouri.  The sun is finally shining.  The snow has all melted.  The rain has stopped.  SPRING has arrived!  We spent some time outside today doing some spring cleaning, sidewalk chalk, horseshoes, and bikes.  We even enjoyed some lunch in the sunshine!


This afternoon we have a relaxing neighborhood walk planned, but before then I thought I would link up with Deedee again for a quick Peek at my Week!


This week my student teacher starts taking over about 50% of the time.  While n theory this sounds AMAZING (extra planning time right?) - I'm kind of nervous!  It's not that I don't trust her...she is doing such a wonderful job!  It's just...they are my babies!  Ya know?  And I LOVE teaching them and working one on one with them!  Eeeek!  I know they will be in good hands, I'll just miss it!  I still plan on pulling students for some one on one re-teaching and some dreaded re-assessing (end of the quarter is Friday!), but I will have to make more of a conscience effort to be out of the room more and let Ms. Ehlers have complete control.  This means I am HOPING to be super productive this week getting a few activities and shared reading sets finished.  Here's to Mission: Be PRODUCTIVE!

This week we are wrapping up St. Patrick's Day and beginning our Nursery Rhyme unit.  Nursery Rhymes are a fantastic way to teach phonemic awareness - a crucial skill needed for decoding and writing.  I can't wait for this fun unit!  I hope to get lots of pictures!

To download my plans, simply click on the picture below.  Once my plans are downloaded you can click on any picture to be taken to the product!



On Wednesday we are hosting a family involvement opportunity for Kindergarten families.  Students to invite a hero (family member) to come and play at school - doing the same activities they do in the classroom on a regular basis.  This is a GREAT chance for parents to get a hands on look at the learning their students are doing - and an AMAZING opportunity for them to see why there aren't always worksheets coming home!  ;)  I can't wait to share with y'all how it went!

Our shared reading this week focuses on the words 'away' and 'went' and is very Spring-y with a picnic and bug theme!  We are going to work on building sight words, retelling the story with character hats and a sequencing form, counting syllables and playing a Quiz Quiz Trade rhyming game!  Plus, the bugs in the book are SO CUTE!!!  Click on the picture below or click HERE to check out this set!


Last weekend I shared a quick snap shot on my Instagram of a project I'm working on.  This week I let my kiddos try it out and they LOVED it!  Here's one of my kiddos showing off a word he built.  (I wish I could show you my kiddo's real face, but this was honestly pretty close to his expression!)


My plan is to have my Linkin Up Literacy set done very soon for you all to check out!  It will include CVC words, CVCe, blends, digraphs, emergent reader sentences, plus more!  It's a perfect hands on way to practice early literacy skills!  I can't wait to share it with you!

Well, I am off for more fun in the sun with my girls!  Have a happy week everyone!

XOXO,

Racheal



No comments:

Post a Comment