Saturday, March 14, 2015

Five for Friday...My Long Lost Friend!

Ok y'all.  It's been FOREVER since I linked up with Doodlebugs Teaching for a Five for Friday post.  Let's see if I remember how to do this....first of all...yes, I know it's Saturday - not Friday...life happens, ok?  Here's a glimpse at what's been keeping me busy!




Since our Seuss week was technically snowed out, we decided to have a little Seuss fun this week!  It's never too late for Seuss right?!  We celebrated Wednesday with some Wacky Wednesday action.  Wacky Wednesday is generally a Seuss book the kids haven't heard before and I love being able to read it to them and listen to their little giggles!!!




We also read Fox in Socks and learned what a tongue twister is!  My class thought it was REALLY funny when my tongue got tied up!  Ha!  We also enjoyed matching up our rhyming socks and hanging them on our clothesline!  This is a FREEBIE!  Grab it by checking out this post!






Tuesday night I was able to do something special.  I presented a smaller version of my Conference on the Young Years presentation to our school board.  I invited four of my sweet kindergarteners to come along and help me demonstrate some of the fun hands on learning we do in our classroom.  THEY.  HAD.  A.  BLAST.  This is my sweet Nolan showing the board members how we use shaving cream to learn word families!  The board loved it!  I heard great feedback including two hand written notes - one from my principal and one from a district administrator.  I also received an email from another district administrator and one from a school board member.  Everyone was very receptive and excited about the learning my kiddos are doing!  What a wonderful feeling and a wonderful district to work for!  Thanks Jackson R-2!




This week wasn't all about Seuss.  We also began some St. Patty's Day excitement!  We played this fun little sight word game during small groups this week.  The players reached into my small tub of split peas where they pulled out a green shamrock coin.  Each coin had a sad face or a sight word written on it.  If it was a sight word and the player could read it, they could put it in their keep pile.  If not, it went back into the tub.  If the coin had a sad face on it, that meant the player lost a coin.  We played until a player pulled the magic GOLD coin.  This meant the game was over!  Whoever had the most coins won!  We had a blast!  











Speaking of St. Patty's Day....I created this fun little FREE GAME for you to use in your classroom this week!  I hope your kids LOVE it!  Enjoy!


XOXO,

Racheal




2 comments:

  1. My firsties loved Wacky Wednesday! Definitely one of our favorites :) I love your sight word coin game! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great opportunity for you and your students to show the education board what kindergarten is all about! Thanks for the Sox freebie! I know my kids will love that!

    Learning at the Teacher Table

    ReplyDelete