Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Snow day fun and then some!

Brrrrrr!  I hope you all are keeping warm!  Here in Missouri it is COLD and SNOWY!  Our area received about 11 inches Sunday night - crazy that our first snow fall came in the middle of February!  We already had a four day weekend off (Friday for Parent Teacher Conferences and Monday for President's Day) but that quickly during into a six day weekend once school was called off yesterday and today!  I'm looking forward a seven, maybe ten day weekend if we are off the rest of the week.  There is also talk of MORE SNOW this weekend!  Eeeek!  Don't get me wrong....I love snow days.  Spending time with my girls, Disney movies, being productive, another excuse for hot chocolate and cookies....but I am NOT a snow bunny.  I do NOT like being cold.


I did venture into the snow a few times to let the girls have some fun.  Madi LOVED it!  


The snow was powdery (the pretty kind in my opinion) so we couldn't really have a snowball fight or snowman.  We did enjoy making snow angels, 


Throwing snow into the air


And eating the snow - we even made snow ice cream!  No picture - BLOGGER FAIL!


Lila on the other hand wasn't as big of a fan.  Granted, the snow covered most of her legs so I understood why!


She did enjoy sitting in the sled and watching her sister play!


But when we tried to use the sled together - HA HA HA! It was a no go.


Finally we opted for using our shovels and sand buckets to dig in the snow and that kept everyone happy (including mommy as she pretended the snow was a warm beach somewhere....) 


While we've had time to enjoy playing outside, I've also had time to start cleaning and organizing our home.  The holidays kicked my rear when it came to home organization and eventually I felt like I was taken over!  With a little motivation coming up (we will be putting our house on the market soon!) I decided there was no better time to organize than now!  I have also been inspired by Ann Marie over at White House Black Shutters!  She is once again hosting here 40 Bags in 40 Days Challenge!


Head on over to Ann's blog to find out more about the challenge and to grab some free printables to help you get started!  I am soooo ready to get rid of some stuff!!!

I have had a little bit of time to squeeze in some school things.  I finished up my Whole Group Shared Reading Week 24 - American Symbols themed!



I also had a chance to bundle it with weeks 21-23!  Just click on the pictures to see the product in my store!


Here's to a productive rest of the week!  My goal is to have a Dental Health FREEBIE for you soon!

XOXO,

Racheal



No comments:

Post a Comment