Sunday, November 9, 2014

Peek at My Week - New things for November!

Linking up again tonight for a Peek at My Week with Deedee Wills!


It has been a productive weekend!  At the request of a lovely lady, I updated my Pumpkin Seed Letters set!  It now has lowercase letters as well!  The best part?  It's still FREE!  My kiddos tried it out this past week and loved it!  Grab it by clicking the link below!



I also added another magnetic center product!  I wanted to give my kiddos a fresh challenge with new words and seasonal pictures for them to create sentences with.  My Madi had too much fun!  



Grab it by clicking below!  It's still on sale until tomorrow night!


Finally, I created a new word work set to use this month!  Here's what is included!


Scarecrow Letters -  Students draw a letter card and match either:
- uppercase to uppercase
- lowercase to lowercase
- uppercase to lowercase
- lowercase to uppercase



Pumpkin Pie Beginning Sounds - Students will match pumpkin letters to pies with the beginning sounds.



Thanksgiving Ending Sounds - Students will identify the ending letter of a collection of pictures.





Tic Tac Toe - instead of X's and O's - students will use uppercase and lowercase letters or different word families to play!



Rhyming Leaves  Students will match leaves with rhyming pictures.



Mayflower Digraphs - Students will sort pilgrims under the correct Mayflower ship!


Turkey Match Up - Students will match the turkey to his feathers with the correct CVC word.  



Silly Turkey Sight Words - Students will match the silly turkey (mixed up sight words) to the correct turkey.


Roll, Say, Keep - This is the perfect game for small group.  Word cards are placed on a student's card.  The student rolls a dice and reads the word on that number.  If they can read the card, the card comes off and goes in the keep pile, if not, it stays.  The winner is the first player to clear all their cards off!


Whoosh! - Players take turns drawing a card from a cup.  If they can read the card - keep it, if not - put it back.  If a 'Whoosh!' card is drawn - the wind has blown away all of your leaves and you lose all of your cards!  

This set also has a BINGO template for you to write your own words - I like to have students fill in word wall words on any square they like then I call out words from the word wall.  

Finally, there is a Syllable Board Game.  Students roll the die, say the picture and count the syllables.  They will then move that number of spaces!  (No picture - #BLOGGERFAIL!)


You can grab this set on sale until Tuesday night!  Click the picture below to check it out!


I can't wait to use these activities with my kiddos!  We love playing games and having fun learning!  Here are some other plans I have for the week!  Click the plans below to download!  I've got a busy week ahead!  It's mid-quarter week plus I have a sub Friday.  We're taking my Madi to St. Louis Children's Friday to meet with ENT and discuss getting her tonsils out.  Wish me luck!


Lastly, I am so excited to share this blessing with you all!  I have been chosen to receive a Liebster award by the fabulous Kathleen over at Kidpeople Classroom!  


A Liebster is a blogging award given to new bloggers who have less than 200 followers.  You can find out more by reading this!  While I'm am still working on my questions and will be posting more about the Liebster this week - I wanted to say that I am so excited!  What a blessing!  Thank you Kathleen!

I hope you all have an amazing week!

XOXO,

Racheal

No comments:

Post a Comment