Sunday, October 5, 2014

Peek at My Week - The end of first quarter?!


Ok....So when did that happen?  The end of first quarter?  This year is FLYING by!  This week we are wrapping up our apple unit with a few fun apple activities!  We are taking a field trip to the local apple orchard and pumpkin patch on Tuesday.  This is always sooooo much fun!  They are close enough to our building that they send a wagon and we get to ride the wagon there.  The kids are always so thrilled!  

We will also be trying out different 'apple' food - apple pie and apple butter.  We will also be making crock pot applesauce and enjoying caramel apple suckers (as a treat for being so good to my sub last week!)  Eeeek!  I can't wait!

Unfortunately, with the end of the quarter, that also means assessments.  I will be working on finishing up assessments and rechecks this week with the help of my literacy aide (we get an aide for about an hour a day - but soon we will be getting another one!).

Here is a copy of my lesson plans!  Just click on the pictures below to check it out!  You can then click on any pictures to go to that resource!



In addition to apple fun, we are going to be getting busy in guided reading groups.  I created these cute "Read It, Build It, Write It" pages to use in small group to practice our sight words.  This is a great warm up before reading book.  I usually pick the target words or vocabulary featured in the book.  I made these mats chevron themed because, let's be honest, you can never have too much chevron!  :)  Grab them by clicking the picture below!



We will also be working on beginning sounds and phoneme segmentation.  I will use the wonderful Babbling Abby's First Grade RTI: Phonological Awareness and Word Recognition.  This will be perfect for separating sounds in words and doing some phonemic segmenting.



I will also be using her Kindergarten RTI: Letter Recognition and Identification to help a specific friend struggling with the letters of her name.  We will learn E!!! :)



Finally, we will be using my Crunch, Crunch, Crunch Apple Themed Letter and Word Work Activities pack.  There is a sweet little sight word game that will give my kiddos the fun practice they need!  Grab it by clicking the picture below!  It's still on sale until I go to bed tonight!  :)



That's my crazy, busy week!  I hope your week is fab!  Happy October!

XOXO,

Racheal




No comments:

Post a Comment