Friday, October 3, 2014

Friday Frenzy

It's Friday!  What a long week!  So happy Friday is here!  Here's a peek at what I've been up to!





Tuesday night was my last round of parent teacher conferences.  Whew!  I was so wonderful meeting with all of my fabulous parents - but that wore me out!






It is our first apple week and we have had so much fun!!! Check out these fun pictures!

We read The Seasons of Arnold's Apple Tree and discussed the differences between the seasons.



We then made our own trees!



We read Ten Apples Up on Top and then practiced comparing greater and fewer amounts.  Check out the full blog post here!




We did some apple taste testing and recorded our opinions!  Grab the sheet below here!





We sang an apple song and sorted beginning sounds!


We painted plates the color of our favorite apple for next week's writing project!

I also worked this week on updating my apple themed literacy set!  I added digraph sorting, emergent reader sentences, a sight word game, a real/nonsense word sort, and rhyming.  A variety of games perfect for small guided reading groups! Here's a preview!  Check it out by clicking the picture below! 20% off until
Sunday! 




My Madi came down with the strep bug this week.  Bless her heart.  I took her to the doctor Thursday and she was so good!  We ran some errands while waiting for her prescription (hello Hobby Lobby! - picture of my project soon!)



Don't worry, after a good nap, she was dancing around in her tutu again!  :)


October is here!  I am just so, so, so excited!  Homecomings, fall leaves, pumpkin patches, apple orchards, and candy corn!  YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This weekend is Southeast Missouri State University's homecoming and even though I'm not an alumni, I'm excited for the homecoming parade tomorrow!






I am double dipping this week.  Here is my October currently!


Listening - Sex and the City - one my favs - thanks E! for the reruns!

Loving - We have today off because of parent teacher conferences!  Love having this day to get things done and then still have my weekend!

Thinking - Tonight I am planning on going to a trivia night with my hubby and his family, and THEN I'm going a late night showing (pray I stay awake) of 'Gone Girl' with two friends!  Can't wait!  #benisahottie

Wanting/Needing - a pumpkin spice latte (especially to stay awake later!)

Trick or Treat - my kiddos were so good for my sub yesterday that I'm thinking they have earned a treat!  What do y'all think I should do?  Ideas?????

That's it!  I've got to go get ready for my grown up night out!!!

XOXO,

Racheal

2 comments:

  1. I doubled up and did Five for Friday and Currently too!! Your apple tree paintings are cute!! We have our kids do a similar activity! My students always love a pajama day as a treat or when I bring in donuts for breakfast!

    recipeforteaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I should totally have double dipped!!! You all are too fancy! I love your apple taste test page! I am going to have to find a way to try that with my third graders :) Have so much fun on your "grown up night out!"
    Happy October!
    Jillian Starr
    The Starr Spangled Planner

    ReplyDelete