Sunday, September 7, 2014

I May Be Sick, But This Momma Never Quits!

Whew!  I'm actually glad this weekend is over!  I spent most of the weekend congested and tired.  Allergies have taken over!  Thankfully, with lots of rest, vitamins, and rest, I am feeling MUCH BETTER!  The one good thing about being confined to one spot?  I was able to get A LOT finished this weekend!  So I'm linking up again this Sunday night with Deedee Wills for the Peek at My Week Linky.



Here are some quick snapshots of what we worked on last week.  My kiddos are getting so good!!!!



We read one of my all time favorites Rattletrap Car, and discussed problem and solution.



We began really getting into writing and answering the all important question..."Why do writers write?"



 We spelled our names and made letters with wood pieces.



We stamped sight words into play dough.


We matched letters.



We practiced counting then finding the correct number.



We made letters out of play dough.



We practice one to one with big books.



We practiced identifying numbers and counting out that many.



We sorted pictures based on beginning sound.



We wrote capital and lowercase letters based on beginning sounds.



We practiced letter formation.





We searched for letters in our sensory table then matched the capital and lowercase.



We worked on becoming familiar with the alphabet by finding the missing letter.

Now it's time for this week's plans.  Just click on the picture below to open the file.  Once the file is open, you can click on any picture to be taken to that product!






Along with working on my lesson plans this weekend, I also worked on a new pack for my first grade (and second grade!) friends!  The Ultimate Blends and Digraphs Pack!  Here's a peek at what's inside!!!



Students will choose the correct beginning blend or digraph.



Students will write the word correctly.



Students will play memory.



Students will use letter tiles or magnetic letters to fill in the missing letters.



Students will match the word with the picture.



Students will sort pictures based on beginning blend or digraph.









Students will complete a variety of books and worksheets to target specifically blends and digraphs individually.  (PS you're kiddos can probably draw better than me!)

I am so in love with this new pack and I can't wait until my Kinders are ready for it!  To celebrate, I am putting this new pack 50% off until Tuesday morning!!!  You can grab it by clicking on the picture below!



One last thing before I go.  I.  LOVE.  FALL.  It is my ABSOLUTE favorite time of the year!  This weekend, a few of (my now favorite) friends surprised me with the cupcake I drooled over in my Five for Friday post!  Doesn't it look delicious?!  Let me tell you...it was!



To celebrate their thoughtfulness and pay it forward, I've decided to do another freebie on this Peek at My Week Sunday.  To get ready for the apple season coming up, I made this quick little activity I can do with my kinders at small group starting next week.  This is going to help us match upper and lowercase letters while really starting to hit beginning sounds.  As a freebie, I want to share part of it with you.  We are starting on the letter D this week so I am sharing the letters A-D today!  Click on the picture below to check out this freebie!




If you like what you see, you can grab the rest of the product (the full version) from my store!  (Click on the pic!)




I hope you all have a fab fall week!  

XOXO,

Racheal

1 comment:

  1. This great and I love all of your classroom pictures from the week! I'm going to be dreaming about thay yummy cupcake now hahah!
    Tara

    Little Minds at Work

    ReplyDelete