Friday, September 5, 2014

Five for Friday...ON A FRIDAY!

I am actually writing my Five for Friday post - on a Friday!  Can I get a woot woot?!  I know I know.  It's the small things, right?!  Anywho....here's what happened this week.




 I have been hit with the back to school bug.  Late nights, stress and allergies have taken it's toll on me!  I plan on a long weekend with my pillow and a cup of tea!



We were finally able to get into our writing journals this week.  To begin, we discussed the very important question, "Why do writer's write?"  My kiddos and I brainstormed and came up with two very important answers "Writers write to give information." and "Writers write to tell a story."  The kiddos then came up with their own examples of each.  How wonderful was their work?!  I was so impressed!  I typed up their answers and put together pictures of their examples to create an anchor chart.  We are loving it!





I posted this picture on Instagram this week and got good response!



This is how I do my line up in my classroom.  We began the year with the letters of the alphabet.  I have a smaller version of the line up picture that I hand to each kiddo before we line up.  I usually target a word or letter that the student needs to work on.  The kiddo finds that letter to line up.  It is soooooo helpful to have a specific spot for little feet to line up on!  My line is so straight!  The kiddos hold their card until they leave the room, then they hand it to me and say what's on the card.  They are allowed to ask friends what the letter or word is, but they have to verbally tell me.  It's great practice!

 Anyone in the STL area?  Have you seen the new cupcakes at the AMAZING Jilly's?  I'm literally drooling over here....





It's official! I received the email this week that I will be presenting at the Conference on the Young Years in Lake of the Ozarks this year!  Soooo excited and soooo nervous....more to come!

XOXO,

Racheal

8 comments:

  1. The back to school bug usually hits me about 1 month in. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog on the link-up! That cupcake looks AMAZING!! So many yummy pumpkin foods out right now!

    recipeforteaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their cupcakes are TO. DIE. FOR. They won Cupcake Wars on the Food Network a while back. Great place! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on being selected to present at a conference! It's a ton of work and you'll get as much out of it as the attendees. I'm busy preparing for a math workshop I'm presenting in Feb. Best of luck!
    Learning at the Teacher Table

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you!! How awesome.

    ReplyDelete