Friday, September 12, 2014

Five for Friday!!!

Linking up this afternoon with Doodlebugs Teaching for the weekly Five for Friday Link Up!


All I can say is HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!  Have you ever had one of those weeks where nothing went right?  Yes, this was one of those weeks.  Happy weekend!  


Our week started out with a Back to School Night on Monday night.  Parents came and we explained as a grade level our assessments and how we differentiate in the classroom.  The kiddos got to play outside and have popsicles while the parents gained valuable information.  It was a great turnout and we received a lot of good feedback!


By Tuesday I was already ready for a brain break!  I left school as soon as the kiddos were gone instead of staying late to work like I usually do.  I went home, got in a workout, straightened up the house, and then took the kiddos to the park with slushies.  It was perfect!


Wednesday I began planning for next week in an effort to get a jump start.  I finished up my Shared Reading set and my Fun on Farm mini center set.  You can check out that post by clicking on the picture below!



My kiddos worked on the word 'like' this week.  We used it to talk about what we 'like' to do at recess!  One of my favorite activities was this pocket chart.  The kiddos had to read the sentence (from our shared reading book) and then put their picture under the 'yes' (they liked that activity) or 'no' (they did not like that activity).  They were so good!!!!



Today I worked on some sight word games for my kiddos to take home this weekend and practice.  I wanted the game to be REALLY motivating so I let each kiddo choose from four different themes.  They were stoked!  

Here are the links to the games!





Welp, that's my week.  I really wasn't that productive as far as planning or getting ready for next week, so I know I'll be visiting my classroom this weekend.....until then, I'm going to enjoy my time at home! 

XOXO,

Racheal

2 comments:

  1. Your sight word games are cute! Great idea to let the kids pick which one they wanted!
    Learning at the Teacher Table

    ReplyDelete