Friday, August 22, 2014

Five for Friday - August 22

I'm linking up late tonight with Doodle Bugs Teaching for the weekly Five for Friday linky!  It's been a BUSY week!  Here's what I've been up to!



This week was our first full week of school.  I am really getting to know my kinders and they are sweet!  They are also reminding me why I went into teaching - to help making learning fun for young children!  I have a feeling my creativity will be tested this year!


With all of the coverage on the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, I knew I would eventually be challenged.  Little did I know it would be by two of my former Kindergarteners - now 2nd graders!  My Madi got in on the challenge too!  Boy, daddy made that water cold!  Here's how we felt about that!



The hubby and I FINALLY got caught up on Big Brother this week (my summer obsession) and I am dying!  It's so good this year!  If you watch it, who's your favorite?


We have been working really hard this week on our names and what letter they begin with.  We read A My Name is Alice.  We talked about the beginning letters and letter sounds.  We then made our own class book!


If you would like to make your own class book, you can grab the template from clicking on the picture above!


We started shared reading this week!  My kiddos have LOVED the pocket chart games and activities.  We have practiced building the sight word 'the' and identifying letters!  So much fun!



These activities are from my Beginning of the Year Shared Reading Week 1 set.  Check it out by clicking here!

Have a great weekend y'all!

XOXO,

Racheal

2 comments:

  1. How cute do the two of you look after the ALS ice challenge?
    Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

    ReplyDelete