Monday, July 21, 2014

Monday Made It - Barely!

Today's post is a little bit of everything.  I was supposed to be going into school and working all day getting my classroom set up. Well...life had other plans.  Poor baby girl woke up with a fever.  After taking her to the doctor, I found out she's got an ear infection.  Ugh!  I hate when my girls are sick!  They are so miserable!  Look at that face!


While it's been a day full of extra snuggles (and extra crying - both baby girl's and mommy's tears), it has also been full of big girl fun!  Look at this sweet girl!  I went to check on her this morning and this is what I found. My precious princess!  



After little sister went to bed, we even got to make popsicles - YUMMY!


I am feeling a little productive today, since I had just enough time to finish up my Monday Made It! 


This is a project I've been working on and I am happy to show you all!  I've been slowly working on a calendar pack!  I LOVE calendar time in my room.  It can teach SOOOOO many skills in such a small chunk of your day, and, once you get into the flow, it really doesn't take that long to do!   I wanted to create something that closely matched the things I was already doing in calendar.  Students can follow along and fill in their own calendar, weather, number of the day, pattern, etc.  It keeps them engaged and accountable and they are practicing SOOOOO many skills!  Patterning, time, money, graphing, numerals, number order, counting, number bonds, etc.  My students really have a solid understanding when they are able to practice these skills in such a seamless way every day.  You can the Calendar Companion using the link below (first picture).  It's on sale until Wednesday night!





Now time for the BTBC14!


Todays topic, "How do you prefer to read?"  I love actual books!  There's something about the feel, the smell, the tradition...its magic!

My goal is to make it up to school to start on my classroom this evening once the hubby gets home!  I will post pics tomorrow! 

XOXO, 

Racheal

3 comments:

  1. Aww... hang in there, Racheal... motherhood is not for sissies! Thank goodness for antibiotics!
    Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great uses of calendar time!

    ReplyDelete