Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Blogging Challenge + Workin' on It Wednesday

Second day of the blogging challenge and the topic for today is "How long and in what capacities have you been in education?" 


Well....It ALLLLLL started about about 10 years ago when I was in college.  I started my college career with the goal of being an English education major.  I LOVE reading, writing, and poetry and I wanted to share my love of great literature with students.  I took literature and poetry classes, I got to write, and I was in love!  But then I thought about the grading, the proofing, the age (high schoolers.....EEEK!) and I quickly changed my mind.  I wasn't sure where to go next so I changed my major to Family and Consumer Science (FACS) and, although I wasn't super thrilled, I went to work.  During my coursework, I took an early child development class and spent some time in an early childhood classroom.  Suddenly, this was it.  I instantly felt at home.  I was comfortable, confident, and HAPPY!  I changed my major (again!) and became an Early Childhood and Family Development major.  I graduated and went on to get my Masters in Child Development as well as my Early Childhood Education and Elementary Education certificates.  During the end of my bachelor's degree and throughout my master's I taught Early Childhood (3-5 year olds).  After graduating, my husband and I moved closer to my hometown and I again taught Early Childhood, only this time in a public school setting - working with Title One students and co-teaching in a class with special needs children.  After three years, I made the transition to Kindergarten and have been there for two years now.  I get to still share my love of literature and poetry and I can't imagine doing anything else!

Whew!  So that's my story!

Anyway...since it's Wednesday, I'm also linking up for Workin' on It Wednesday with KinderGals!


I have been quite the busy bee lately.  Since summer school ended last week, I have been trying to get through my never ending to do list before August!  The number one this is getting my classroom library organized!!!  I recently purchased KinderCraze's Library Labels and I am in love!  Labels+Organization=One Happy Me! Click on the picture below to check out the labels in her TPT store!


I've also been working on knocking some products off of my TO DO list!  Earlier this week I uploaded by new set of foldable books that focus on color words.  Perfect for beginning of the year!  And now I'm working on a set of number word foldable books!  Whew!  


Luckily the 4th of July is just around the corner!  I see BBQs, pool time, and family fun in my future!  

XOXO,

Racheal

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it crazy sometimes how we figure things out in a certain moment? Loved reading about your moment in the early childhood classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the name of your blog! It's crazy the transitions our lives take! Also, I looked at those labels and didn't buy them because I didn't realize that they had labels for the books (I thought it was just the bins)! I bought different ones that aren't quite as cute, but will definitely work. Oh well!
    ☺Jody

    Camp Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jody! LOL that happens to me too!

      Delete
  3. Love your blog! I need to get my to do list going! School will be starting soon!

    ReplyDelete