Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Big Time Blogging Challenge

For the month of July I am SOOOOO excited to be participating in the Big Time Blogging Challenge hosted by Michelle at Big Time Literacy.  The deal is to blog every day during the month of July to help build yourself as a blogger - both personally and in the blogging world.


The subject for today is how you came to your new blog.  How did I start blogging?  Well...when I began teaching Kindergarten two years ago (after 7 years of teaching Early Childhood), I felt lost.  I felt unsure.  I second guessed my decision and my confidence was instantly shattered.  I had moved to a new building, to a new grade, oh, and I was pregnant - can you say HOT MESS?!  I didn't feel connected to the teachers in my building (everyone had worked together for years and had a long history together) and I felt really alone.  I began looking at blogs as a way to get ideas and gain confidence.  It was amazing.  Even though I had never actually met any of these bloggers, through their stories and pictures I felt like I had.  I shared in their triumphs and laughed over mishaps, feeling a kindred connection to each of them.

I decided to take on the challenge of blogging this year.  I say challenge because it is a challenge!  Putting yourself out there for others to see - good or bad.  Setting aside time to write.  Finding your own voice.  I'm still learning the blogging world - heck I'm still learning Kindergarten - but I can already feel myself growing as a blogger and a teacher.  Blogging, even in this past month, has pushed me to be a better teacher.  I am excited for this new adventure, and for this new blogging challenge!  Cheers to July!

XOXO,

Racheal

3 comments:

  1. Racheal--I totally get this! I am so thankful for the friends I have and that I continue to make new friends in this world. So glad to meet you!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So wonderful to meet you too Alyce!!!

      Delete
  2. Hey there! Glad you found the blogging challenge at Big Time Literacy and I'm excited to get to know you better this month! I totally know what you mean about it being challenging to put yourself out there - sometimes I worry I'm oversharing but hey, those are usually my most popular posts!
    Anyways...I guess we'll be in lots of contact this month!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete