Sunday, June 8, 2014

Let the Organization BEGIN!

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a complete Type A personality.  Super organized, planner, a little high strung....etc.  So of course, I set some pretty high expectations for myself on goals to accomplish this summer.  Top of list?  ORGANIZE!  When I first moved to Kindergarten I had NOTHING.  Now, two short years later I have so many wonderful resources that they are overwhelming my life!  I wasn't sure how to organize my centers at first, so I bought big ugly gray tubs and threw everything in (organizing by quarter of course!).  Good plan until I realized that the tubs are too heavy to lift off the top of my shelves each quarter!  Thankfully my hubby and a few of the guys around our building are nice enough to help me out - but like I said, I'm TYPE A!  I had to find a better way!  Fast forward to this summer and my number one goal.  I brought home all of those horribly heavy tubs and have made it my summer mission to clean up, clean out and get organized.  Not an easy task....



Today  I started the daunting task...and I made some progress!  


But it's really hard to focus when you have this cutie wanting to play.  :)


I still have a LOOOOOOONG way to go and A LOOOOOOOT of organization things to buy....but I will get there....one day!

In the meantime, I'm having fun making cute new labels for my soon to be organized Guided Reading area!  Adorable, right?!  I'm seeing a freebie in the future.... :)


Until then, I just uploaded my first 'big' pack on TPT with 7 different summer themed literacy activities for those of you teaching summer school (or...EEEK!...still in school?!).  


I'm also working on putting together some more sight word books for individual practice.  My Madi LOVES these!  I will be working on a post for these soon!


Enjoy the rest of your weekend!  

XOXO,

Racheal

No comments:

Post a Comment