Saturday, June 21, 2014

Funny Kid Friday...on Saturday

So my friend Kathleen over at KidPeople Classroom is starting a new linky and I LOVE the idea!  It's Funny Kid Friday!  My mom has always said, "You should write a book!"  Well, now we have a space to share those stories that, sometimes, only people who work with or have young children can truly appreciate!  Here, we can share all of the crazy, silly, sweet stories we have!


This week I have an old story from WAAAAAAAAY back, but it still makes me laugh!  I was working with a group of 4 and 5 year olds - my first true class I could call mine - we were out on the playground.  One of my little boys was sitting all alone on a bench - picking his nose.  I asked him multiple times, "Do you need a Kleenex?  How about a Kleenex? etc." and each time, he turned me down.  I thought, 'Ok.  I will just have to remember to give him some major hand sanitizer before each touches anything......"  I kept watching as he dug and dug until finally, he triumphantly pulled his rather large treasure out his nose and pronounced loudly (to himself), "Finally!  I've been working on that FOREVER!"  I died.  I laughed so hard I had to walk to the other side of the playground.  Thankfully he did get a Kleenex (and hand sanitizer!) and proudly went to play.  Ha!  Ha!  Little triumphs right?!

Check out Kathleen's blog each week for more kid stories!!!!

XOXO,

Racheal

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my! Some things in life are so satisfying! tee hee. Thanks for the tale! See you next week!
    Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete