Friday, June 13, 2014

Five for Friday!

Today I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her weekly Five for Friday!  



Here are five things about my day/week!

1. This week we did some fun camping activities from The Curriculum Castle!  My kids LOVED them!  Here we used marshmallows as counters for our math activity.  The best part?  Eating them! 



2. I am working on wrapping up a new fluency product.  We tested it out today in class.  My kiddos loved trying to 'beat' their score.  I love that it is a competition with themselves and not each other.  It's a great way to learn to set goals!  It's coming soon!




3. In small group, we used my Beach Side Sight Words game to practice our high frequency words.  My group had a BLAST and they weren't competitive at all....NOT!  We actually had a four way tie!  Everyone learns and everyone wins!




4.  One of the big products I am working on is my set of sight word books.  I tried one of them this week with a kiddo who usually hates strongly dislikes reading (he really struggles)...he LOVED them.  He actually asked to do another one today!  Yippee!!!!  Here is a picture of my little lady practicing with the word THE.  I am hoping my first set will be ready soon!



5. Last, but not least, I am looking forward to this weekend!  We are having a BBQ at my dad's house tomorrow for Father's Day.  Can't wait to celebrate these wonderful fathers in my life!


My hubby and my girls


My dad!
My father in law

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

XOXO, 

Racheal

4 comments:

  1. The fluency product looks awesome! I'll be on the look out for it ;)

    Sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I uploaded it last night! ;)

      http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Fun-Fun-Fun-Fluency-Practice-1276197

      I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. Love all the great stuff your kids have been working on, especially the marshmallow idea. Enjoy your weekend with your favourite Dads!

    ReplyDelete